August 22, 2008

A teeny-tiny PR.

I told Adam Glass today, in response to his totally inspiring forum post, that I would go and get a PR. I didn't really mean TODAY, but it just sorta worked out that way.

I just squeezed out 3 strict military presses with the 20, on my left. (weak side.) I'm almost positive I had only gotten 2 before, and nowhere near every time.

So, yeah, it's a tiny PR. But it's still moving in the right direction, it's still a PR. ;) So stop laughing. ;)

I took a moment between each MP and re-pressurized: feet grabbing ground, locked knees, tensed glutes, compressed midsection, activated lats, strong grips.


So, here's the short-term pressing goal:

1 strict military press on the right with the 28
1 strict military press on the left with the 24

Next week is my FMS screen, so we'll see if there's anything to address as far as press strength imbalance, or whatever else.

Timeline: 3 weeks? I'll test on September 7 and 14.

5 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

"I just squeezed out 3 strict military presses with the 20, on my left. (weak side.) I'm almost positive I had only gotten 2 before, and nowhere near every time."

Frickin awesome!

Feels good, huh?

Faizal S. Enu said...

Good work Nikki - MP PRs are slow to come by. I have a strength imbalance with pressing as well.

Good luck and good progress!

Nikki Shlosser said...

Thanks so much, Franz and Faizal!! I'm so happy you both have stopped by and read my blog!

Yes, a PR always feels good. Progress is ADDICTING.

Progress rules.

Faizal S. Enu said...

No problem Nikki. I hope you don't mind, but I added a link to your blog to mine. Feel free to reciprocate if you find it of value.

Nikki Shlosser said...

Faiz, absolutely! Thank you!