January 12, 2009

It's Official...

I'm really awful at this. Every evening I decide I ought to get up early the next morning to train, rather than attempt to squeeze in a half-assed session in the evening. Life is busy lately, it happens. Early mornings are my opportunity. I've been FAILING, miserably, with this idea. Tomorrow it happens, even if for only 10 minutes. The point is going to be: get up, get dressed, get outside and swing some iron until it hurts. And we all know that can happen quickly, it doesn't take the "minimum 20 minutes," and even if it did, at least I got out there. This isn't a resolution for 2009, it's acknowledging the effect that a public blog has on one's goals. There's something to that. Yeah, tonight I had a lovely dinner, the wine flowed... but excuses just keep you where you don't want to be. Be stronger than your excuses! It only takes a few minutes. :)

7 comments:

Take One Stripper Pole said...

So it is Tuesday morning ... did you go outside? :)

Taikei Matsushita said...

15 minutes of intense one's good enough.

Nikki Shlosser said...

Four sets of 20 swings, and I wanted to go right back to bed. :[
Tomorrow will be better. :)

Amy Jurrens said...

I'm so jealous that you have the option to go outside! It's -10 degrees in Iowa today with 5 more inches of snow expected. Grrrrrrrrr! Dig your toes in the sand and think of me! Press that 20 kg a bunch for me too while you're at it!! ;-)

Jennifer said...

Way to get out there, Nikki! I find that the more often you do it, the easier it gets, with regard to getting up early to get the job done. And your philosophy of even 10 minutes is right on the money. Next time, it'll be easier to make the time for 15 or 20...

Tom, Healy, RKC said...

Don't bother beating yourself up. It's not worth it. Training is a series of ups and downs...
Sometimes the motivation is there, sometimes it's not...
Find something to peak your interest. A new move, a new combo or a new workout program, always works for me!

Aaron Friday said...

Dedicate yourself to "showing up" and "warming up." Anything after that is a gift.