April 27, 2009

Another update on 2009 Goals

*Press the 28kg*
still not close. Did push press it the other day, and very nearly push-pressed the 32.... presses have been weak lately - I've been neglecting them.

*BU press the 20kg*
Achieved April 9, but this is not consistent - I miss it a lot (most?) of the time.

*BU TGU the 16kg on the left*
achieved in February

*BU TGU the 20kg on the right*
came incredibly close a while ago. Need to try it again!! Before the week is over.

*Pass my snatch test with the 24kg*
Well, the snatch test rules have changed again... I don't think I'll be doing 100 in 5 minutes this year. ;) What should this goal evolve to... maybe 100 with the 20? Suggestions welcome. :)

*Pistol the 28kg*
Haven't been training this at all. Okay seriously, have to find more time for presses and pistols!

*80 sets of 16kg MVO2, 6 reps*
achieved in March

*80 sets of 16kg MVO2, 7 reps*
Training has been going well - last session was 46 sets. This week hope to get to 56 sets.

*FMS arm-leg raise*
Still haven't tried at all. :/

*Turkish... I know I have the 40 in me. Why not train for that this year? Lots of 28kg TGUs to get there.*
I did a 36kg TGU on Sunday. I was pretty surprised with it, actually, and it felt AWESOME. First time having this heavy of a weight overhead. Pushing from kneeling to standing was pretty difficult, but successful! Strong all the way through, really, until my shoulder blades touched the ground again and I lost the bell. I'll keep working on these, I love heavy getups!

*2xBW Deadlift*
BW currently is around 143? And I've got 10-15 pounds to lose still. The DL training is good, though. This week is 1,2,3,1,2,3 with 170# (re-do from last week - pulls were slow, felt heavy) and 175#.

20 comments:

Howie B said...

For your snatches, can you perform 100 in five minutes with an 8kg? How about a 12kg? If that's easy, try a 16kg. Done that? OK, work with the 20kg until accomplished.

Nikki Shlosser said...

Okay Howie, I'll try the 20kg. Really need to sand down that handle finally.

Howie B said...

Does that mean you've already accomplished it with the 16kg?

Nikki Shlosser said...

Howie, you doubt me??
;)
I've done 100 consecutive 16kg snatches - not for time, just to do 100. It was a "let's see how hard/easy this will be" moment. I'm sure it was done under 5:00. Haven't done a TSC-style 5:00 16kg snatch test yet. That might be a consideration next year, especially after training deadlifts and 16kg MVO2.

Nikki Shlosser said...

Meaning... an actual TSC.

Howie B said...

Oh, I would never doubt you. I know better than that.

So why not go for the 5:00 with the 16kgs tomorrow? Consider a low intensity day.

I worked a 10 minute set with the 16s last week as part of my tapering. Wasn't rushing, just kept my breathing controlled and kept a nice, steady pace. Hit 148 reps and it was easier than I expected.

Nikki Shlosser said...

I suppose I could squeeze that in before teaching and deadlifting...? If not, maybe I'll do it Friday. Honestly, I have no great need to see how many 16kg snatches I can do in 5 min. Time spent testing that could be time spent working on 24kg snatches or MVO2 or presses or pistols or....... But, hell, what's one day. :)

Laura Nepodal said...

Do 100 snatches with the 20kg under 5 minutes. I did 100 snatches in 3:45 with the 16kg, so I'm sure you did it no problem. I'm planning on doing the same thing; it'll be neat to have someone else aiming for it, too. :)

Awesome job accomplishing so many goals already!

Nikki Shlosser said...

Laura, thanks! Any idea how close you are already?

Jennifer said...

Hey, Nikki, I know I've not said it ina while, but you are seriously one inspiring chic. Now, after having buttered you up...May I ask you how tall you are? And if so, How tall are you?:)

Amy Jurrens said...

Dang girl! You are making some progress this year! When I grow up I want to press heavy KBs like you!! ;-) Send some of that strength to Iowa, oh, and some sunshine while you're at it. ha!

Iron Tamer said...

I'll throw one down for you. 20kg snatch, 200 in 10:00.

Nikki Shlosser said...

Jen, you can ask me anything! I'm 5'4". And, thank you for the kind words. =D

Amy, are you kidding me? This from the girl who got her 20kg press, and ranked in both the SSST and the UST? Please. ;) But, thank you, too, for the kind words. =D

Mr. Whitley... now that's just mean. 100 in 5 isn't challenging enough?!? Good grief! But thanks for the push. It's evil, and I like it.

Unknown said...

Nikki, Thanks for sharing what your goals are. You are one strong girl and give the rest of us women something to aspire to. I did go on to get my RKC in San Jose in Feb. It was awesome. I would love to come to one of your classes so I can see how you do them since I'm going to start teaching up here in Tahoe. Peggy Silveri RKC

Taikei Matsushita said...

A different point of view.

Challenge a goal.
A goal that your kettlebell students can follow after you. Accomplish a goal desirable for them.

Nikki Shlosser said...

Peggy, a belated and very enthusuastic congratulations to you!! You must have been a total rock star there. :)

Taikei, I like how you think. That's a good idea.

Danny Evans said...

Hi Nikki, a 36kg TGU is incredible, VERY impressive! You should be very proud of yourself!

Nikki Shlosser said...

Thanks, Danny!

Josh said...

Congrats on that big TGU Nikki. That's more than I can do yet and I'm a giant guy. You've got a lot of people looking up to you and you deserve it!

Nikki Shlosser said...

Very kind of you to say, Josh. :)