May 11, 2009

The New RKC Snatch Test - It's Not Easy! And a weightloss update.

Well, for some it may be easy - Gabi, Peggy, Laura, Amy - just some names that come to mind. Then again, considering the snatch training I've been doing, I thought the test would be much easier than it was. It is no cake-walk!

100 16kg snatches in 4:30. With a rest after 60 reps.

So there you have it. Lots of progress can and should be made here. Is 16kg MVO2 sufficient? Perhaps not - this may require re-testing at least once per week, perhaps on deadlift days (as yesterday was.) (Actually it was also a KBLA day, so I might have just been overworked a little? Maybe.)

Speaking of deadlifting, yesterday was 185# for 1,2,3,1,2,3. I'll cycle back down to maybe 155# for 2 sets of 5, and work up to 190 or 195, then cycle down again...

Weightloss continues, feeling good. Still have more to go, but it's going very nicely. And I'm really never deprived. For example, I still eat pancakes, bacon, danishes (one almost every day)... wine, lots of cottage cheese, bananas, raw cashews and brasil nuts, macadamias, prosciutto, oh - gelato!! My saving grace is the Ultimate Meal. I can have pancakes with butter and syrup, bacon (6 strips is common)... danishes.... and feel satisfied for the rest of the day. Train in the evening, and have a little whey protein and an Ultimate Meal shake, and I'm good. Maybe a glass of wine. It's working. It's awesome.

28kg TGUs felt heavy last night. Again, this was after lots of heavy deadlifts, KBLA class, snatch test... and the pancake breakfast - haha. So, it might have just been an "off" day for those. Training presses has been focused on 16kg BUP lately. I've lost some strength here, but expect to regain it. The weather has been AWESOME lately, and I intend to take greater advantage of that. :)

I will be assisting at the San Diego RKC, and am VERY excited about that!!! And I'll finally get to meet Sr. RKC David Whitley, as well. It should be an awesome time. Three months to go. :)

4 comments:

Howie B said...

Wow wee! Great work!!

I think I need to start eating like you. With my training volume inching up nowadays, I need more food! Then again, I don't mind gaining a few pounds if necessary.

Now I am in the mood for an IHOP lunch!

Amy Jurrens said...

Hello!? 60 snatches before you took a rest?!!? That's rock star! When I did my 200 in 10 min. I went 10 L, 10 R on the min for 10. I don't think I would have made it if I had done 60 before resting.

I enjoy reading your updates. Keep em coming!!

Laura Nepodal said...

Nicely done! The test is no joke, to be sure. I think the key to the snatch test is to set a solid cadence, which really differs from the pace one would have during high-rep VO2 Max work. That and hips, of course. :)

Congrats on the weight loss, that's always exciting! Keep it up lady, you're doing fantastic things!

Jennifer said...

I am totally jealous that you're getting to help out with the RKC! What a fantastic time you'll have! And undoubtedly you'll do wonderfully, moving up even further in the ranks of rockstar RKC's. :) You will LOVE David, too. He is fantastic, no nonsense, awesomeness, and I think your personalities will meld wonderfully from what I can tell.Keep up the great work.