October 8, 2008

Consistency Rules.

Okay, so it's only been a couple days.

Yet.... the last two mornings I actually woke BEFORE the 6:15 alarm.
Tiredness be gone!

Ultimate Meal is working for me.
Early morning VO2 is working for me.
Evening presses, pull-ups, and half-TGUs are working for me.
Got the 8kg pull-up back last night. 20kg military presses in reps of 2 or 3 for several sets. (Haven't re-tried the 24kg yet.) 20kg half-TGUs in reps of 4 or 5 for several sets. (Haven't re-tried the 24kg yet.)
Pistols are done throughout the day - and I did get the 24kg pistol last night. (Told you it would only take two days.) ;)

VO2: Two days on, one day off. (Still getting up early on the off day, but will use that as variety time to avoid overtraining.) I'll probably do 9 reps with the 12kg, as well as working on getting to 80 sets of 6 with the 16kg.

And of course, at least one day a week will be 24kg snatches. I still want that 20/20, and I'll get it soon!

Edit: Check out the poll on the right. If the option you would select is not listed, just shoot me an e-mail.

Edit: VO2 will not be two on one off. It's way too much. One on two off. The off days will be other ballistics - swings, snatches, etc.

10 comments:

Spencer said...

Well, okay, you did stomp out that 24kg Pistol last night, so it looks like I've got some homework now!

As for your Medieval circuit last night, can you say "glute soreness?"

Nikki Shlosser said...

Ahh, Spence! That's exactly where we want it. ;D

I'll be sending out "homework" for the whole class at some point today. You are incredibly close to that 24kg pistol, though. Remember to pressurize! Push all of your breath down into that effort.

Jordan Vezina said...

If you can dig it, I juice a few cucumbers and mix the juice with my ultimate meal. It actually tastes good. I've been locked down with the warrior diet for the last week, better than ever before, and zero tiredness. I pounce right out of bed and give the day a big hug!
Ok.. that was weird.

Nikki Shlosser said...

I can dig it, Jordan.
Don't have a juicer, but if I can blend an apple I can sure as hell blend some cucumber. I'll give that a try tomorrow.
Very glad you're feeling so well. =D

BTW, nice pistol!

Sandy Sommer, RKC said...

What is the "Ultimate Meal?"

Thanks in advance, Nikki.

Off to RKC in the AM:)

Franz Snideman said...

I like the presses Nikki! Low reps with the 20kg are the way to go. Practice those presses and slowly increase the number of sets and you will be pressing bigger bells very soon1

Nikki Shlosser said...

Sandy, it's a potent complete-nutrition powder for us lazy, convenience-minded non-cookers with high nutrition demands. It's REALLY green and sorta scary... but like all the reviews said, you do get used to it. :)

You are!! Very exciting. Take care of your hands and stay hydrated! And take excellent notes, even if no one else does - you'll regret it otherwise, I promise. Good luck and have an awesome, painful time. :)

Nikki Shlosser said...

Franz, I will do precisely that. The 28kg will be mine....
(PS, your comment re: your lovely wife's presses inspires me.)

Aaron Friday said...

20/20? What's your best so far?

Nikki Shlosser said...

Aaron, I got 18/17 on 9/23.