October 23, 2008

"Is This Really the 32kg?!?"

I had to double check.
Twice.
Here's why:

Deadlift night at Gold's Gym Venice - after my 165#, 2 reps for 5 sets... I borrowed a 32kg KB, "just to see" what the TGU felt like tonight. (Haven't been practicing with the 28kg yet, just the 20kg.)

Well, it felt like a 24kg. :)

32kg TGU: 3R/3L
(with some rest)

Easy!! Thrilling. Happy. I realized that the ascent is easier for me when pushing off the instep, rather than the toe. Probably shouldn't be the case, but it is... any ideas why? Larger surface area perhaps? Anyway, it was a thrill to get 6 reps in so easily. I would so love to own one of these...

To top it off, I SNATCHED the 32kg TWICE on the right. Yeah! (Did stress the hand a bit, though.)

Cleaned a Bulldog a couple times - that was hard. That thing is large.

Finished off with just a couple 24kg presses, 1L/1R for 4 sets.


And now I can't help but wonder.... is a Bulldog TGU somewhere in my future??
...Crazy. :)

16 comments:

Jordan Vezina said...

You're a beast. Craziness. If you haven't already, check out Craigslist.com in Los Angeles and type different variations of 'kettlebell' into the search box. I've found a lot of DD kettlebells on CL cheap.

Nikki Shlosser said...

Oooh, good idea - haven't looked there in a while. Would love to find a 28kg or 32kg for a good price...

Aaron Friday said...

So you're deadlifting now. Awesome. That explains the extra juice for the KB work.

Using KBs after heavy barbell work is highly underrated. Nothing primes the nervous system like a heavy barbell.

Nikki Shlosser said...

Aaahh, *lightbulb blinks on.*

Aaron I think you nailed what I experienced tonight. That is just cool.

Take One Stripper Pole said...

Ok ... I have decided you are no longer human ... you are Superwoman!

Nikki Shlosser said...

All too human, K! :)))
It was a hell of a good day, though. =D
Are we ever going to see you again???

Jennifer said...

Amazing, Nikki! I'm sure it was a beautiful thing to behold.

Taikei Matsushita said...

32kg Get up will be named Nikki.

If you get the 40kg Get up, I might consider resigning myself.

Nikki Shlosser said...

Thanks, Jen =D

Nikki Shlosser said...

Haha, Taikei! Who knows how long it might take to get there, anyway. Maybe the CKFMS would be a good time to try, though...

The Endos & Morenos said...

Congrats Nikki,

I'm not surprised that you cleaned the bulldog. You were woman-handling the 32 on the cleans!

Nikki Shlosser said...

Thanks Rich! My body was sure surprised, though! That thing is TOUGH to wield. I'm sure I had to be leaning back quite a bit to keep it racked...freakin huge ball of iron... fun stuff anyway. :)

Gabi said...

You're a mutant - not that there's anything new to that :)

Nikki Shlosser said...

Haha, thank you Gabi!! :B

Sandy Sommer, RKC said...

Hey Nikki,

Way to be an animal:) I love reading your blog and the related posts!

Nikki Shlosser said...

Thanks, Sandy =D